Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rustic entryway
















I love using vintage pieces within a design - pieces of furniture that are not too precious and can stand the test of time.

In this entryway I used a vintage Asian console. I added the stool which is covered in burlap - I really enjoy using natural elements and think they really look great together with the wood tones and wall colour in this scheme. I picked up the curtain pulls (used on the drawer handles) at a market in Stoke-on-Trent a few years ago for a few pennies!

I really like to use quirky items too - like this stair basket... great to keep items tidy until they are carried upstairs! I found this basket in Half Moon Bay whilst shopping for Christmas gifts. I always seem to do the "one present for you, one present for me"....!!! Oops.

The Feng Shui compass was bought in Tiberon, a while ago... and the gorgeous Mother & Baby statue is from London.

No comments:

Post a Comment