Sunday, August 9, 2009

Feeling homesick

I normally go back to the UK every Summer but this year I decided that maybe I should stay in the US.... plus I am working on a project which requires a lot of my time. That said, I'm still homesick.

Whilst day-dreaming of England, my mind wandered off to a weekend I spent in Rye, East Sussex many years ago.

The whole weekend was planned for me - I didn't have to do a thing - just turn up at the train station and enjoy!

We stayed at the Mermain Inn. One of England's oldest and loveliest inns, with Norman cellars dating from 1156, the Mermaid, rebuilt in 1420, offers tradition and charm in abundance. I would really like to go back there again some day.

Here some photos of the hotel and surrounding area:


The lounge area and bar in front of a lovely inglenook fireplace:

A view of the surrounding countryside:

A couple of their rooms with four-poster beds:


If you are ever visiting England and want a romantic getaway - I highly recommend it. They also have a fabulous restaurant.

http://www.mermaidinn.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment