Wednesday, August 12, 2009

One of my projects

I've been blogging for a couple of months now and thought it was about time I showed you some of my designs. Or at least one room. So here goes.

I started this project last September. My client is a world traveller and I wanted to reflect this in the design - hence the Asian console with marble inlay, Zanzibar coffee table, and the use of my clients' antique framed maps, etc.

The palette we chose was inspired by Autumn. I used a burnt orange paint suede-effect in the alcoves (either side of the fireplace), the walls are a grey/green and look like wintery skies. The rug had lots of Fall colours too.

The floor mirror is an art deco bevelled mirror and absolutely gorgeous in person (the photo doesn't capture the detail):

Gorgeous aged leather armchair:

The Asian console with marble inlay. Of course, I loved the antique map of England:


Here's the African metal coffee table - it has beautiful antique maps inside the drawers:


I would love to hear your thoughts on this room.... please leave a comment.

3 comments:

  1. So wonderful of you to share this - Wonderful shades of gray and orange - it's my fave colour combo this season! You have done it beautifully, and timelessly..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val,
    I miss the old store too! I live at Cesar and Church still and loved walking 3 blocks to work. Now I am at Willa Home in Burlingame at 1414 Burlingame Ave. It is a much smaller space but is chock full of charm. In fact, this store started on Church Street as well. Drop by when you are in the area to say hi. I miss seeing my old customers!
    And by the way, nice work on this space. It would be a serene place for a weary traveler to return to. Clean, bright with lovely personal touches. And of course, I love the chair!
    Lisa & Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gray green color on your walls. I'm hoping to do my living room in a shade of gray soon. You've got me inspired and excited to get going!

    ReplyDelete