Thursday, April 8, 2010

Looking for a bargain

Remember a few blogs ago.... I did the flowers for Ilonka and Scott's wedding in Tahoe? Well, I'm also working with them on their home. The bedroom is done (photos to follow), I'm currently looking for a mirror for the living room and inexpensive art for the office/guest room.

As you know, Jade (my 8 year old daughter) is a great photographer, and I will be using three of her San Francisco sepia prints in the office/guest room, which has been painted a dark espresso brown and is delicious! So the sepia will work beatuifully but I also wanted to add a splash of colour on the dark walls..... take a look at these - I like the red in these vintage Coke ads:

Quite a nice oil painting:

Beautiful Indonnesian carved piece:
Cute European scenes and only $6 each!!!!

I think I'm going to go back and get this Chinese painter - isn't he great for $12??

Then of course I got carried away and found lots of other treasures - like these old library index card holders:

Beautiful detail on the handles:

Another vintage cabinet - would look great in a little nook:

This chair has such a great feel about it:

Really wanted to purchase these doors with stained glass detail and great lock:

Gorgeous library table to hold beautiful design or art books (do not like the rug!):

Cute rustic bench:

Kitsch really isn't my style:

Another beautiful side table:


Finally - wouldn't this make a great conversation piece? I would totally love to own this:

No comments:

Post a Comment