Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Staging properties for resale

As part of my design services, I also help property owners stage their homes for resale. I'm not the kind of stager who has a warehouse full of furniture, I actually use existing pieces and purchase smaller items to enhance the space. It turns out to be a lot cheaper than a full blown staging job and the owner walks away with some nice items such as lamps, bedding, etc., which I can always incorporate into their new home.

One of the first things I did for this home was to paint a large chest of drawers red. Here are the before and after shots. The paint colour is called "red velvet". Isn't it lovely? I wanted to make this piece of furniture work in the room as the walls were a dark brown and the curtains had a slight red stripe. I bought new lamps and bedding too.

Before

Before

After

After

After

Take a look at the McGuire website and if you live in San Francisco and are interested then contact Ilonka Edwards:

http://www.29cumberland.com/

2 comments: