Friday, June 3, 2011

Arne Jacobsen's egg chair

I find it hard to believe that Arne Jacobsen designed the egg chair way back in 1958 for the Radisson SAS Hotel in Copenhagen. I lived in Copenhagen for a year in the early 90s and fell in love with the City and it's talented designers! Even way back then, the City was hip and trendy with it's modern designer stores, cosy cafes and bars... London was just catching on... so it was fun to be part of it all. I had a company apartment on Gamel Danske and walked to work through the cobbled streets.... an absolute treat!So it's no surprise that I take with me the love for Danish design as I feel I lived it. Take a look at these designs and you can see how versatile and current it still is. It looks like it was just designed!















Above imagines:
http://www.housebeautiful.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment