Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'm back!

I don't know where to begin. I have just returned from a fleeting visit to London which left me hungry for more. I landed at Heathrow, got the Paddington Express straight into the centre of town in 15 minutes and immediately met my friend, Libby! Off we went for coffee and croissants.... after that it was a blur - visiting Fulham and seeing the flat where I used to live, then hopping on a lovely red bus and heading further into town - passing South Kensington, Harrods, Park Lane and finally jumping off at Shaftsbury Avenue and heading to Soho for lunch.

Before we arrived at Cafe Boheme for lunch, Libby wanted to show me a Soho gem. Hazlitt's Hotel on Frith Street. The Manager was so kind to us and even gave us a sneak peak at a few rooms.

I will post more on my trip but am currently scrambling for a client presentation/meeting.... so I will leave you with these beautiful images of Hazlitt's - this is actually in stark contrast to the hotel I stayed at... the Hempel.... but more of that later.

Just look at the beautiful Georgian architecture - my favourite:

The lounge and reception area:

One of the bedrooms:

The "throne" which is actually a fully working, modern toilet:

Another suite:

The water for the bath comes out of the eagle's mouth!

An enclosed patio area off one of the bedrooms - gorgeous for a romantic dinner:


For more information visit their website:
http://rookeryhotel.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment