Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hanging artwork


A client of mine had a vast collection of framed rock posters which he wanted me to hang - the choice was mine as to what went where!!! Hidden between some of the posters, I was immediately drawn to two beautifully framed antique maps and a stunning portrait in oil. I decided to hang the "pretty" pieces in the living room and then hang the "loud" posters in the study and guest bedroom. Here's the portrait, which I hung at the bottom of the stairs before you head up to the bedroom. I think it's a little hidden gem.













Here is one of the antique maps and you can probably guess why I love it? Yup. It's of England!


This is the guest bedroom... I grouped together all of the punk rock posters and the majority had a splash of red in them so I softened the lines by using toile bedding. I like the symmetry of the group hanging - although it's busy, it's also contained.

This is not my work (below) but I do like the way the pictures are hung in this room. The colours are also fabulous. It juest seems so glamerous.


Finally, I saw this wallpaper in a kitchen and the client had placed lots of family snapshots in the squares... I think it's a fun design... although it needs to be somewhere that's not formal as I think it could end up looking messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment